Messingham Show Committee asks you to consider entering the Messingham Village Scarecrow Competition that will preced the 115th Messingham Show on Sunday 6th June 2021. Over the past three years there have been some fantastic entries which presented a great local trail to follow.
We envisage the Messingham Scarecrow Competition 2021 will operate along the following:
- For the competition to be judged and the prize money awarded there must be no less than 50 entries received by noon on 5th June 2021.
- Entrants must live or work in Messingham Parish.
- Any prize money offered will come from Messingham Show Committee Funds.
- First prize – £??? to the charity of the winner’s choice. A certificate will be presented at Messingham Show on 6th June 2021.
- Second prize – £??? to the charity of the second-place winner’s choice. A certificate will be presented at Messingham Show on 6th June 2021.
- Third prize – £??? to the charity of the third-place winner’s choice. A certificate will be presented at Messingham Show on 6th June 2021.
- Entries to be made from materials at home already please.
- The theme is yet to be decided.
- To enter send ONE (1) photo of your scarecrow to Messingham Show Committee via the Messingham Show Facebook page between 1st June 2021 and noon 5th June 2021. Remember to nominate your charity with your photo.
- Judging will take place on the afternoon of 5th June 2021. The judging will be undertaken by five (5) Messingham Show Committee members acting independently of each other and scoring out of ten (10). The judge’s decision is final and no communications will be entered into.
- Messingham Show Committee will contact the wining charity and donate any prize money on behalf of the winner via BACS.
- Promotion via Facebook and Twitter #MHFS #MHFSScarecrow.